JSE - Junos Space Essentials
This two-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and manage devices with Junos Space. Students will understand how to install Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, as well as learn how to administer and monitor the Fabric. Centralized Junos device management options offered by the Junos Space Network Management Platform will be explored, including configuration backup, synchronization, Junos image distribution, and application of templates. Students will also learn how to use Junos Space applications, such as Service Now and Service Insight.
Students will gain experience installing Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, navigating the administrative environment, monitoring the Fabric, performing schema updates, and using Junos Space applications. This course uses the Junos Space virtual appliance for the hands-on component and is based on Junos Space Release 13.3R2.6.
Jump to schedule
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the need for Junos Space software.
- Explain Junos Space architecture.
- Describe the Junos Space GUI.
- Describe the components and applications of Junos Space.
- Explain the Junos Space deployment options.
- Perform the initial installation of a Junos Space appliance.
- Explain the Network Management Platform user interface.
- Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.
- Explore the Network Management Platform.
- Explore the Network Monitoring interface.
- Describe the template user types and template process.
- Describe the creation of quick templates and negative templates.
- Create and apply templates and template definitions.
- Describe service automation benefits.
- Explain Service Now application processes.
- Describe the Service Insight platform settings.
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos devices using the Junos Space software.
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system,
including device management, administration, and monitoring. Students
should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Junos Space
- What Is Junos Space?
- Junos Space Architecture
- Junos Space Applications
- Two Form Factors
- Junos Space Initial Setup
- Initial Setup and Clustering
- Junos Space Security
- Junos Space Fabric Deployment
- Junos Space GUI
- Lab: Deploying Junos Space
- Job Management
- Roles and Users
- Platform Management
- Discovering and Managing Devices
- Device Configuration
- Network Monitoring
- Lab: Network Management Platform
- Template Introduction
- Template Definitions Creation and Application
- Template Creation and Application
- Lab: Configuring and Applying Templates
- Service Now
- Service Insight
- Lab: Service Automation
Chapter 3: Junos Space Deployment
Chapter 4: Platform Administration
Chapter 5: Device Management
Chapter 6: Junos Space Templates
Chapter 7: Service Automation
CertificatesThis course is a part of following certificates: